What could be better than enjoying delicious treats for breakfast? Enjoy freshly made treats made with healthier ingredients that won’t make you fall for sugar! In honor of National Muffin Day, here are ten healthy muffin recipes you can whip up today (and every day):
- Lean Oatmeal Strawberry Muffins: These vegan, drool-worthy, gluten-free muffins are bursting with the goodness of high-protein almond flour, oatmeal, and juicy strawberries. Plus, the recipe uses applesauce and coconut sugar instead of refined sugar to sweeten the muffins. If you’re not a fan of strawberries, no worries, just swap them out for fresh or frozen blueberries or blackberries. Get the recipe here. You may also like this Strawberry Orange Muffin Recipe.
- Morello cherry and dark chocolate chip muffins: The crisp flavor of cherries rich in vitamin C perfectly complements the characteristic bitterness of dark chocolate in this mouth-watering muffin recipe. Substitute honey, coconut sugar, or applesauce for the sugar if you want to make the recipe cleaner and healthier. Here is the original recipe. If you’re looking for a vegan version, check out this Vegan Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe.
- Egg muffins for breakfast with roasted peppers and spinach: These deliciously tender muffins are high in gut-healthy fiber, protein, vitamins and magnesium. Plus, it takes less than 30 minutes to whip up a batch of these beauties, so you can whip them up even on a busy weekday. Or better yet, whip up a batch over the weekend, then reheat and enjoy throughout the week. These vegan spinach muffins and goat cheese spinach egg muffins recipes are also highly recommended.
- Lemon and poppy seed muffins in a bowl: Made with healthier ingredients like whole wheat flour, magnesium-rich poppy seeds, egg whites, stevia, and plain Greek yogurt, these chewy and chewy muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go or midday snacks. You can use gluten-free flour if you have dietary restrictions. Here is the full recipe.
- Keto Cheddar Cheese Zucchini Muffins: Crispy and golden on the outside and chewy and tender on the inside, these keto muffins will be a hit with everyone. Sprinkle on your favorite seasoning (I used smoked paprika and garlic powder) and you’re done. Here is the full recipe. This cheddar, zucchini and scallion muffin recipe comes highly recommended as well.
- Lean Double Chocolate Banana Muffins: Tender and chewy with the burst of sweetness of bananas and chocolate chips in every bite, it’s hard to believe this decadent breakfast recipe is actually healthy. Plus, they’re easy to prepare and can be frozen. Nuff said. Get the full recipe here. You may also want to check out this Dark Chocolate Blueberry Oatmeal Muffin Recipe.
- Coconut Almond Paleo Breakfast Muffins: These paleo breakfast muffins are not only healthy, but also packed with lots of flavor, even though they’re grain-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free. The original recipe uses almond flour, but you can go with oatmeal or coconut flour, if you like. Here is the full recipe.
- Greek Zucchini and Feta Muffins: Filled with protein-rich feta, zucchini, TBEN and Parmesan, these chewy and flavorful muffins are a perfectly delicious way to boost your morning energy. In addition, they contain less than 100 calories. What not to like? Get the full recipe here.
- Carrot and Apple Muffins in a Bowl: These chewy and tender muffins are filled with nature’s best sweeteners: fresh carrots, juicy apples and bananas. Finally, top these muffins with chopped nuts or pecans and you’re ready to go. Get the vegan and gluten-free recipe here. You might also want to try this delicious Carrot Cake Whole Wheat Muffin Recipe.
- Greek yogurt and honey blueberry muffins: Made with whole wheat flour, almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, and coconut sugar, these moist, subtly sweet muffins are a healthier take on classic blueberry muffins. Check out the full recipe here.
So which of these healthy muffin recipes would you like to try? LMK in the comments section below.