Here’s everything you need to know about the new 2021 Jeep Compass facelift SUV.
The facelift of the 2021 Jeep Compass is available in four trims and 11 variants.
Jeep India has finally launched the much anticipated Jeep Compass facelift in the country. The renovated compass now benefits from an updated design, new styling cues and new features. The intermediate update is available in four versions – Sport, Longitude (O), Limited (O) and Model ‘S’ which are further classified into a total of 11 variants. The US automaker also presented a special 80th anniversary edition alongside the regular variants, priced at ₹ 22.96 lakh (old showroom). We tell you all about the new Compass SUV.
Also read: Launch of the 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift in India; Prices start at ₹ 16.99 Lakh
- The company started accepting reservations for the SUV earlier this month with a token amount of ₹ 50,000. Deliveries and test drives of the new compass are expected to begin on February 2, 2021. The Refurbished Avatar is available in seven color options: Magnesio Gray, Gloss Black, Exotic Red, Minimal Gray, Galaxy Blue, Techno Green Metallic and bright white, where the last three shades are brand new colors.
- Aesthetically, the 2021 Jeep Compass comes with a host of exterior updates giving it a refreshed look with a contrasting two-tone dark gray roof. The SUV is now more attractive, aggressive and intuitive compared to its predecessor. It comes with a larger seven-slat grille in a chrome finish, new LED headlights with integrated LED daytime running lights, a redesigned bumper, a slightly revamped silver faux skid plate, a larger air dam , new fog lights, two-tone 5-spoke alloy rims, square wheel arches with plastic coating, roof rails, shark fin antenna, new LED taillights and more.
- The passenger compartment of the Compass SUV has been significantly overhauled. It now benefits from more upscale interiors, comfortable and contemporary styling, updated features, a new dashboard design and more. It now comes with a larger 10.1 inch touchscreen with FCA’s UConnect 5 technology offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. The company also used premium soft-touch materials along with new buttons and knobs for the on-board controls. It features a three-spoke multifunction steering wheel, ventilated front seats, eight-way power adjustment with memory function, 10.2-inch fully digital instrument panel, Remote proximity keyless entry, and more.
Also read: 2021 Jeep Compass vs Rivals: price comparison
- Additional features of the SUV are wireless smartphone charging, tire pressure monitoring system, cruise control, double-glazed panoramic sunroof, electric tailgate, ambient lights, 360 ° parking camera degrees, etc.
- It is also equipped with over 60 active and passive safety functions such as seven airbags, an anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake force distribution (EBD), an electronics package including an electronic stability program (ESP), brake assist (BA), terrain modes, hill assist (HA) and hill descent control (HDC), among others.
- The 2021 Jeep Compass borrows its powertrain options from the predecessor, namely a 1.4-liter multi-air gasoline engine and a 2.0-liter multi-jet diesel unit. While the former is good for 160 hp and 250 Nm of peak torque, the latter produces 170 hp and 350 horsepower.
- Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, an optional 9-speed torque converter, and a 7-speed DCT automatic, respectively. Jeep also offers 4×4 technology on some variants with an automatic gearbox.
- Prices for the 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift start at ₹ 16.99 lakh and go up to ₹ 28.29 lakh (old showroom, Delhi). Additionally, the 80th Anniversary Edition is priced at ₹ 22.96 lakh, going up to ₹ 26.76 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom, Delhi). On the competition side, the 2021 Jeep Compass competes with Tata Harrier, MG Hector, Skoda Karoq and the Hyundai Tucson.
For the latest automotive news and reviews, follow TBEN.com on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel.