Alex Jones’s lawyer tells Sandy Hook judge he ‘expected more outbursts from client’

0
8

Alex Jones’ attorney admitted to a judge that he expected more outbursts from the conspiracy theorist after he sarcastically answered a question during testimony in the latest Sandy Hook trial.

Attorney Norm Pattis was summoned by Judge Barbara Bellis to explain his client’s unruly behavior after she acquitted the court on Thursday.

“Generally responsive and my client is fatigued,” Mr. Pattis described Jones’ behavior as the conspiracy theorist who took the stand and testified at the defamation trial in Connecticut.

Pattis could also be heard explaining while the jury was out that he was surprised that Jones hadn’t lost his cool more often when he testified.

ALSO READ  Roger Federer disappoints Laver Cup weekend ticket holders, but would Rafael Nadal. can work together

It came after Jones was questioned by Chris Mattei, an attorney for the victims’ families, about why he had praised his supporters for putting up Infowars stickers around the courthouse.

“I want to praise people now that the First Amendment is under attack, I want to praise them now.”

Jones then reacted angrily after being asked if he thought he was in a “doll court,” as he said on his Infowars show earlier this week.

ALSO READ  World comes together to honor Queen Elizabeth's life of selfless service

“It’s not a mostly peaceful protest when they burn $2 billion worth of buildings, but when conservatives put up stickers it’s bad,” Jones said sarcastically after the video played. “I know we should all go to jail.”

The judge immediately dispatched the jury and had a sidebar with the lawyers to discuss his conduct.

Later in the day, after a series of outbursts, the judge told lawyers she could hold Jones in contempt of court if it goes through.

This is the second defamation lawsuit in a lawsuit that Mr. Jones lost with the families of Sandy Hook victims.

ALSO READ  Trump avoids fraud charges by staying in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits

At a trial in Texas last month, Mr. Jones admitted he knew the 2012 massacre was real — and not a “hoax” as he previously claimed it was.

In that case, he was ordered to pay $4.11 million in damages and $45.2 million in punitive damages to Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, the parents of six-year-old victim Jesse Lewis.

Now jurors in Connecticut will decide how much Mr. Jones should pay those families in damages.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here