Another South African cricketer tests positive for COVID-19 ahead of England series

0
0

Cricket South Africa has confirmed that another player tested positive for COVID-19 after the second round of mandatory testing ahead of the limited tour against England, the player has now been isolated from the rest of the squad and has been moved to separate, appropriate accommodation with immediate effect.

The team’s medical and support staff will monitor the player to ensure his physical health and mental well-being. CSA has not disclosed the identity of the player who has tested positive for COVID-19.

ALSO READ  Spain's tourism industry is in deep trouble | TBEN | 24.08.2020

“The team management and Cricket South Africa (CSA) are in close communication with their counterparts in the England Cricket Board (ECB) to ensure full transparency and the most responsible course of action going forward,” the CSA said in an official statement.

The ASC also clarified that the inter-team training match which was scheduled for Saturday, November 21 has been canceled. The two players – Marco Marais and Stefan Tait, who were called to camp to help the team in their preparation for the training match after the results of the first COVID-19 test were released on Monday, will no longer join the team.

ALSO READ  NJ, Connecticut qualifies for tri-state travel advisory list, but Governor Cuomo says it is not logistically possible to add them now

Earlier on Wednesday, the ASC had confirmed that one player had tested positive for COVID-19 and that, as a result, three players had been placed in isolation as a precaution. England and South Africa are expected to lock the horns in three ODI and three T20I. The first T20I will be played on Friday November 27 in Cape Town.

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here