Maps at your fingertips, buyers. Preparation for Black Friday 2020 is upon us, and if the final months of sales are anything to go by, it’s time to get ready for the biggest and best deals of the decade.
As the Black Friday event officially begins on November 27, retailers are way ahead of the curve this year, with some already offering discounts.
In true Black Friday tradition, we expect to see deals for roughly all you could save for; cellphones, washing machines, headphones, vacations and all the Christmas presents you might want to give yourself (or others) this year.
But unlike in previous years, this year’s sales will be fully online – thanks to the second lockdown, which closed all “non-essential” stores for the remainder of the month.
As always, The Telegraph will not only pick highlights from a huge and ever-growing selection of Black Friday retailers, but share with you all the best last minute deals as they go live. So here’s our guide to finding the best Black Friday deals, as well as a roundup of the ones that are already online.
Where to find the best Black Friday deals
- Amazon’s Black Friday extravagance, which has been so successful for the company that it single-handedly pushed CEO Jeff Bezos’ net worth to over $ 100 billion in 2017, is heavily promoting and giving away its products of its own brand. Think virtual assistants, virtual books, and just about anything “tech”.
- TVs are a Black Friday staple, and as their backbone technology becomes more advanced, we expect OLED displays and the latest generation models to be much more affordable during the buying period. .
- Apple isn’t known for its famous discounted products on Black Friday. However, that’s not all bad news – many mobile network providers are clamoring for the demand by offering sim-less iPhone and iPad deals, in addition to heavily discounted monthly plans.
- Clothing retailers typically prefer store-wide and site-wide discounts (often around 20 percent for major brands and 10 percent for designers) over individual offers. This, however, makes it one of the only places to find great deals on store “ extras ” such as accessories, household items, and gadgets that make great stocking stuffers.
- PS4 and Xbox One “ bundles ” (which include a console and a few discounted games) are likely to be available wherever gaming consoles are sold. The new PS5 is less so, but we imagine a few retailers will lower its RRP a bit.
- As part of an effort to expand its audience beyond second-hand enthusiasts, eBay has a range of exclusive Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers. In recent years, they have been particularly generous with discounts on home appliances.
- Budding photographers and professionals are likely to save hundreds of pounds on camera equipment and compacts. Most major tech retailers will offer a discount on one or two hero products in each category.
- John Lewis and Currys PC World’s pricing matches many of their competitors’ best deals, making Currys an easy one-stop-shop for tech and John Lewis a great destination for high-end products.
- Check out our guide to the best broadband deals for 2020
Best Black Friday Deals: Amazon
1. Days of Red Letters Merry Christmas! Nice present
Was £ 49.99, now £ 37.49