The Block SPOILER: Heartbreak for applicants, as insider reveals only three out of five properties have been auctioned
All five houses in the block were auctioned off on Saturday ahead of this season’s highly anticipated final.
But it looks like luck is not on all applicants’ side, as Daily Mail Australia can reveal that the five renovated properties have not been sold.
According to a well-placed Block insider, only three properties were sold in Saturday’s auction.
Unlucky: Block insider revealed only three out of five properties sold in the show’s scheduled auction on Saturday
The houses are said to have come under the hammer for a reported amount of $ 3.2 to $ 3.4 million.
While the show’s bids are still hard to predict, this year’s outcome could have been the result of dramatic changes amid the coronavirus pandemic.
With a restriction on the number of potential buyers, the COVID-19 rules meant that a maximum of 10 people were allowed to be present at the auction.
On sale: Homes have gone under the hammer for a reported $ 3.2-3.4 million. Pictured: Jimmy and Tam’s completed home
Other potential buyers must have joined Zoom.
Bidders also had to pay a refundable $ 5,000 to attend in person, which made them more likely to be serious candidates.
Speaking of the dramatic changes, host Scott Cam told Weekend Today that this year, an auction like no other, “ it’s going to be a bite, ” he said.
New standard: Bidders also had to pay a refundable amount of $ 5,000 to appear in person, which made them more likely to be serious candidates. Photo: Sarah and George’s completed house
Last year’s winners Tess and Luke sold their Gray Street, St Kilda pad for $ 3.6 million.
They won a total of $ 730,000, including a check for $ 100,000.
The bouldering continues on Channel Nine at 7 p.m.
Last year, newlyweds Tess, 28, and Luke Struber, 30, were crowned the winners with a profit of $ 630,000 in addition to the show’s $ 100,000 cash prize.