COSTA MESA (TBEN) –Los Angeles Chargers linebacker Kyzir White was placed on the team’s reserve / COVID-19 roster on Saturday.
It was not clear whether White had tested positive for the virus, as a player was not expected to be placed on the COVID-19 pool. Players who have been in close contact with an infected person can also be put on the roster.
White started each of the in their last eight games after serving as a reservist in the season opener.
All 32 NFL teams began operating under intensive league protocol Saturday, which includes:
– all players and coaches must have a negative of the previous one test day before entering the team premises
– practically all meetings take place unless they can be held outside or inside with a pre-approved plan
– masks must be worn at all times in the establishment, including in the field by all staff
– all meals should be taken out to prevent people from to gather in the dining rooms
– the use of the changing rooms is strongly discouraged on days without a match
– team or player gatherings outside the facility are prohibited
The Chargers will host the New York Jets on Sunday afternoon at SoFi Stadium.
(© Copyright 2020 TBEN Broadcasting Inc. All rights reserved. City News Service contributed to this report.)