I loves adding cubes of pancetta or bacon, smoked haddock and chorizo to a salad, letting the oils flavor the dressing.
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 3 garlic cloves, 1 left whole and unpeeled, 2 finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, washed, left whole
- 200g lentils
- 8 mini chorizo sausages (total weight approximately 200g)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g kale, destemmed and sliced
- Olive oil, drizzle
- Grated zest of a lemon
- In a pot of salted boiling water, add the unpeeled garlic clove, carrot and lentils and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, gently fry the mini chorizos for about eight minutes, turning them occasionally. Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside, but leave all of the nice chorizo oil in the pan.
- Add the chopped garlic to the chorizo oil and fry for a few minutes until tender, then add the spring onions and sliced kale and cook for another three minutes. Remove from fire.
- When the lentils are cooked, drain them well (discarding the garlic and carrot). Cut each chorizo into thirds.
- Toss the lentils with the chorizo slices, kale and spring onion and arrange on a serving platter. Finish with a drizzle of oil, sprinkle over the lemon zest and serve.