DEHRADUN : The government of Uttarakhand today issued orders asking schools across the state to resume Grades 6-11 offline starting February 8.
The state cabinet recently made the decision to physically resume grades 6 to 11 from February 8.
However, he also called on school administrations to ensure appropriate behavior to COVID-19 on the part of students and teachers.
The order issued by Chief Secretary Om Prakash called on schools to appoint a nodal officer to ensure that the regular sanitation of classrooms, heat screening of each student and the wearing of the teacher’s mask and social distancing standards are met.
Classes 10 and 12 have been open in the state since November of last year.
Meanwhile, Uttarakhand’s COVID-19 tally rose to 96,384 on Thursday with 103 more people testing positive for the infection, while four deaths brought the death toll to 1,659, according to a health department bulletin. of State. Dehradun district reported the highest number of 67 cases, Nainital (16), Haridwar (8), Udham Singh Nagar (7), Pithoragarh (3) and Almora (2), he said.
No positive cases have been reported in seven districts, including Bageshwar, Champawat, Chamoli, Pauri, Rudraprayag, Tehri and Uttarkashi, according to the bulletin.
He said 92,372 infected people have recovered, 1,351 have emigrated out of state and 1,002 are on treatment.
* With contributions from agencies