DALLAS (TBEN) –Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot revealed Thursday, October 29, that investigations into excessive force by police officers during protests last summer had stalled.
This led to a public appeal for help from his office.
Last summer, many protesters recorded videos on phones and today the Dallas County District Attorney said he desperately needed the video to prosecute officers who may have broken the law.
Still images of the protests that the prosecutor’s office now publicly share show some of the people Creuzot wants to feature with their photos and videos.
Their cell phones and cameras are believed to have crucial evidence in the cases of protesters who were seriously injured and even blinded by rubber bullets and other projectiles used by Dallas police.
Creuzot says he is specifically interested in three incidents of May 30.
He said videos from his office so far only show possible excessive force from officers in the moments before or after it happened.
“We need live shot video or footage if that’s the case. And we need a video. What we want to see as the direction of the projectile. We want to see from the firing all the way if we can until contact with the visuals. It’s important for us, ”said Creuzot.
The DA stressed that people who have videos that can be helpful will have no problem coming forward.
Several Dallas police officers are under investigation for their actions and the city has been sued by several protesters.
PHOTOS OF PEOPLE THE DALLAS COUNTY DA OFFICE WANTS TO LOCATE
MORE FROM TBEN