Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has further questioned his future at Old Trafford amid talks he snubbed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the aftermath of their loss to Liverpool, according to reports.
Manchester United fell on one of their most humiliating defeats on Sunday, scoring five home goals against Liverpool. The result increased the pressure on Solskjaer, although the Norwegian’s position looks secure for now.
Pogba was excluded from the starting line-up for the competition. It was the second bench in a row after also being neglected against Atalanta in favor of Fred and Scott McTominay four days earlier.
Pogba is in the last year of his contract and will be able to negotiate a pre-contract deal with foreign clubs in January.
United are said to be keen to retain their services. In addition to hoping to keep a player of indisputable talent, they do not want to lose a valuable asset for nothing next summer.
However, reports have now surfaced that have cast doubt on his future at Old Trafford.
First, Express claim that Pogba has “ended all talks on a new contract”. It stems from his selection rebuff against Liverpool, something the sun claims he was “furious” about.
Pogba was signed at half-time but only lasted 15 minutes before seeing red for a horror slit on Naby Keita.
The sun claim Pogba apologized to his teammates after the final whistle, but did not speak to his manager.
Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiol0, recently provided an update on the termination of contract negotiations. Talk to the temperature (via Fabrice Romano), Raiola said: “You will have to ask Man United about Paul’s contract extension.
“Right now everything is calm. There is no update “
Solskjaer would have lost the trust of several key members of United’s dressing room. If the Sun report is correct, Pogba appears to be one of them.
Five Manchester United managers much worse than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Conte reportedly demand that Man Utd make transformative transfer
Meanwhile, Antonio Conte remains a serious option for Manchester United if he eliminates Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but the Italian will demand that he bring one of his most trusted players with him if he is offered the job, according to a report.
And former Chelsea title winner Conte remains in the frame. Out of work, the Italian could well be seen as a safe pair of hands for the Glazers and Corriere della Sera, Going through Sports witness declare that he would be the “right solution” for the club.
However, the 52-year-old is said to insist on bringing a trusted defender with him. An agreement could well be based on “the purchase of a player loyal to Inter in January”.
The player in question is Inter Milan Dutch international Stefan de Vrij.
De Vrij played 32 times at center-back last season and helped Inter de Conte win the Scudetto. It is considered by Conte to be “ideal for guiding the transition from a four-way defense to a three-way defense.”
READ MORE: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s allies revealed, as Manchester United boss gets stay of execution