Future Man United hope Dalot as Solskjaer closes the door on Milan

0
2

Manchester United have reportedly told AC Milan they have no chance of signing versatile full-back Diogo Dalot on a permanent basis.

The 21-year-old is currently on loan with the San Siro giants as he seeks to gain more first-team experience.

Signed from Porto in June 2018, the 21-year-old made 12 Premier League starts in his debut season at Old Trafford. However, playing time has shrunk since then, with just six more league outings.

He played all 90 minutes of United’s 3-0 EFL Cup victory over Brighton on September 30. But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer then let him go for Serie A, with other clubs also interested in the youngster.

ALSO READ  Pochettino explains why 25 minutes of Tottenham documentary was enough | TBEN

Dalot only experienced 19 minutes of league football with Milan, with boss Stefano Pioli using him in Europe. The Portuguese Under-21 star has appeared in every minute of his three Europa League group matches this season.

He scored his first goal for the club in a 3-0 home win over Sparta Prague on October 29. Reports claim Italians are willing to take her on a permanent deal. however, ESPN report that United believe they still have a future at the Theater of Dreams.

Dalot is under contract with United until the summer of 2023. There is no clause in his loan deal allowing Milan to buy him outright at the end of the season.

ALSO READ  Knutson explains why Liverpool finished behind Man City on xG

The youngster is seen as ‘very popular’ by Solskjaer, who hopes to become a regular on the first team.

Dalot seems happy in Milan, praising the way his manager makes the most of the players.

“Pioli keeps us all hungry,” he told Sky Sport Italia after his debut. “We are motivated to play. It gives everyone the opportunity to demonstrate what we can do, and that’s fantastic.

Report confirms United’s obsession with Sancho

United have made no secret of their desire to sign Borussia Dortmund Jadon Sancho. But how enthusiastic they are They were revealed by former Bundesliga striker and expert Jan Aage Fjortoft.

ALSO READ  Liverpool learn new asking price for left-back target after opening talks | TBEN

The Norwegian suggests the Old Trafford Silver Men have made four separate offers for the 20-year-old. There is no timeline for when the offers were made, but it looks like they haven’t reached his valuation of £ 108million.

Fjortoft made this claim while speaking on Fabrizio Romano’s Here We Go podcast. Sancho is reportedly keen to play for the Northwestern Giants although he remains happy in Dortmund for the time being.

READ MORE: Solskjaer has ‘no doubt’ Greenwood will return to great shape

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here