Harry accused of making Invictus Games a terrorist target with Taliban claims

0
6

The Duke of Sussex is accused of making the Invictus Games a target for extremists by revealing that he killed 25 people in Afghanistan.

Admiral Lord West, former head of the Royal Navy, called Harry “very stupid” for giving details of his Taliban killings.

The retired admiral told the Sunday Mirror that the Invictus Games – due to be held in Düsseldorf, Germany in 2023 – will now have “serious security concerns” due to their direct connection to Harry.

ALSO READ  How to Live to 100, review: Jon Snow gets the scoop – no stress, oily fish and… Communism

“The Invictus Games are very labeled on him and so I would have thought that the threat level would definitely be higher there,” he told the paper.

“There will be serious security issues because of what he said. Measures will have to be taken to protect the veterans.

“And there will be people who, given half the chance, will want to do something.”

The international multi-sport event for wounded, wounded and sick servicemen and women, of which the Duke is a patron, will now be a prime target for the vengeful, Lord West said.

“The Taliban will read (Harry’s claims of killing fighters and) think there is a prince who calls us all chess pieces and is very happy to kill us.

ALSO READ  Six Nations 2023: fixtures, starting times, how to watch and latest odds

“And I’m sure there will be many people in Islamic State and other terrorist organizations who will think this is something to be avenged.”

Harry has faced a lot of criticism in recent days since the excerpt from his memoir was leaked about the number of insurgents he killed as a helicopter pilot.

Colonel Tim Collins, known for a pre-battle speech he gave in Iraq, was one of several senior staff members who criticized the Duke’s conduct, accusing him of turning against the military – his ‘other family’.

Earlier in the week, Colonel Collins called the revelations in the book “a tragic money-making scam”.

ALSO READ  live score carabao cup latest updates

In his controversial memoir, Spare, Harry wrote that flying six missions on his second tour of duty on the frontline in 2012 to 2013 resulted in “the taking of human lives”, for which he was neither proud nor ashamed.

The Daily Telegraph, which obtained a Spanish-language copy of the memoir from a bookstore in Spain, previously reported that Harry said he did not view those he killed as “humans”, but instead as “chess pieces” falling off the map. were taken. plate.

“So my number is 25. It’s not a number that fills me with satisfaction, but it doesn’t embarrass me either,” he wrote.