Justin Bieber has been forced to suspend the rest of his world tour after a health decline.
The 28-year-old pop star announced in a post on his Instagram story on Tuesday that he has been dealing with exhaustion while trying to get back on tour, and that the effort has “taken a real toll on me”.
“I realized I must now make my health the priority,” he wrote. “So I’m going to stop touring for a while.”
Earlier in the summer, Bieber postponed a series of concerts in New York City, Washington, DC and Toronto and revealed he had been diagnosed with Ramsay Hunt syndrome, a rare neurological disorder. The singer shared a video showing how the virus has paralyzed half of his face.
“It’s from this virus that attacks the nerve in my ear and my facial nerves and has left my face paralyzed,” he said at the time. “As you can see, this eye doesn’t blink. I can’t smile on this side of my face. This nostril won’t move.”
After a few weeks of rest, Bieber attempted to tour Europe again, but said his body could not handle the physical demands of the performance.
“I’ll be fine,” he adds, “but I need time to rest and get better.”
A total of 70 Justice World Tour dates have been canceled through March of next year. Bieber would tour Europe and Asia, as well as South America and Australia.
Sign up now: Get smarter about your money and career with our weekly newsletter
Do not miss: Jeff Bezos Reveals His Son’s Warning Before Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ Show – ‘Don’t Eff This Up’