Liverpool path to German valued at € 40m emerges after Bayern explanation

0
5

Liverpool have received a major boost in their efforts to sign a German international after Bayern Munich’s exit from the transfer race was explained.

Liverpool endured a tumultuous few days after their involvement in the European Super League was universally condemned. The Separatist League quickly collapsed, resulting in Reds owner John W. Henry issues humiliating apology.


Subscribe for free to the daily TBEN newsletter …


Things on the pitch did little to brighten the Anfield mood on Monday night. The Reds have lost vital points in their run to Champions League qualification against Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds Utd.

Positive news has been scarce, although the latest report offered a bit of comfort.

The reds were heavily tied in February for a summer swoop for Germany international Florian Neuhaus.

The 24-year-old rose to prominence with Borussia Mönchengladbach, winning five senior caps in Germany since 2020.

A Three-way battle between Liverpool and Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund would have been going for the midfielder by BILD journalist, Christian Falk.

ALSO READ  Noble appeals to vast experience with straightforward message to West Ham players

Now according to France Football (via the Echo of Liverpool) Liverpool’s path became clearer after Bayern pulled out of the race.

They report that the € 45m fee requested by Monchengladbach was deemed too high for Bayern’s liking.

A road to Bayern midfielder still looked unlikely given the status of Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka.

Liverpool, on the other hand, may be looking for reinforcements and have been told of a ideal replacement for Leeds if Georginio Wijnaldum completes his early exit.

The midfielder was once a force under Jurgen Klopp, although Graeme Souness recently described it as in need of “rebuilding”.

If Liverpool so desires, Neuhaus – who has already been said to be interested in an Anfield Switch – could help implement this overhaul.

ALSO READ  Ighalo offers advice to Man Utd on Pogba, Cavani; reveals three Prem offers

Babbel poses the theory on ESL’s “ arrogance ”

Meanwhile, Liverpool have come for more criticism for their role in the draft European Super League – this time from former player Markus Babbel.

“I was very disappointed because I never thought it was possible that a club like Liverpool FC would be ready to take such a step,” he said. Spox (Going through Sport witness).

“I would have expected it from many clubs. But the fact that Liverpool FC, of ​​all clubs, is ready to do it really pissed me off.

“When I later learned that neither Jurgen Klopp nor the team had been made aware of the plans, I knew: okay, there were a few gentlemen involved that had nothing to do with the history of this club and the history of the fans.

“The fact that the main officials on the sports side don’t know anything about this ultimately calmed me down a bit.

ALSO READ  Arsenal relaunches pursuit of striker which costs as much as he can sell | TEAM

“It was clear that only businessmen, who only think about money and are willing to sell the soul of the club for it, made this decision.”

Babbel went on to criticize the “arrogance” of foreign owners who simply seek to exploit opportunities in other markets.

John Henry, Linda Pizzuti owners of FSG Liverpool FC

“I think there is also a certain arrogance involved,” he continued. “Many owners come from the United States or the Asian region and see enormous potential there.

“It’s about getting football to take place more in the United States or Asia to meet the needs of these supporters.

“This is where the customers who bring in the money are. I really liked a fan banner that said, “We are the fans, not the customers”. Senior officials weren’t expecting this response, so they bowed.

READ MORE: Liverpool’s long-term target bid at Dortmund

.