Louise Minchin, 53, reveals her reasons for quitting TBEN Breakfast

0
5

Louise Minchin explained the reasons she left TBEN Breakfast, saying she realized she couldn’t cope with another winter of early departures after taking time off to recover from surgery at the ankle.

The TV presenter, 53, announced in June this year that she would be leaving the series after 20 years at the helm, with her final episode airing on Wednesday.

And the star has now explained her reason for quitting, saying she struggled with the early mornings after taking time off last year.

End of an era: Louise Minchin, 53, explained her reasons for leaving TBEN Breakfast, saying she could not face another winter of early departures

She explained to the Mirror: “In December I had taken three, four weeks off due to ankle surgery and I had that period to realize that when I don’t get up at 3:40 a.m. morning I’m doing all kinds of things at night that I want to do – like watching TV with my family, doing that family stuff.

“So yes, I think it was at the end of the winter of this period that the decision was made.

ALSO READ  Dried poppy plucked by brother of fallen soldier set to fetch £ 3,000 at auction

She also revealed that the period of lockdown made her recognize her natural body clock, as she reflected, “It made me realize that in fact, I have a particularly hard time with the hours… I found them. very difficult. “

Louise added that she looked forward to having breakfast with her family and having a morning routine with them after failing to take her daughters Mia, 20, and Scarlett, 17, to school.

Loving mother: Louise - who keeps her daughters Mia, 20, and Scarlett, 17, out of the spotlight (pictured in 2005) can't wait to spend time with her family

Loving mother: Louise – who keeps her daughters Mia, 20, and Scarlett, 17, out of the spotlight (pictured in 2005) can’t wait to spend time with her family

But Louise might not have too long a time off because she would have her eyes on I’m a Celebrity … Get me out of here!

ITV wants the TV host, who is quitting her job at the national broadcaster next week, to join the current cast.

Louise has had an incredible 20 year career in presentation and it opens the door to a new opportunity.

ALSO READ  Anna, la sœur de Honey Boo Boo, critique les trolls durs

TBEN has contacted ITV for comment.

Quality time: Louise also said she can't wait to spend more time with husband David (pictured in 2008)

Quality time: Louise also said she can’t wait to spend more time with husband David (pictured in 2008)

A source told The Sun: “There is a long tradition of reality TV shows targeting news anchors and I’m A Celebrity is no different.

“Victoria Derbyshire was already on the show and has proven to be very popular with viewers. ITV hopes they can do the same with Louise and approached her to come on board.

The next series will be filmed again at Gwrych Castle in North Wales after ITV bosses ruled out a return to Australia due to travel restrictions on the country’s east coast, currently in the middle of another confinement.

The source also claimed that ITV has a “decent offer” to make to Louise, in the hopes that she can take a break for a few weeks before the new series which is due to begin in November.

If the reporter accepts her offer, ITV could see her come face to face on rival channels with former TBEN co-host Dan Walker, who appears this year on Strictly Come Dancing.

ALSO READ  Tammy Hembrow gives a cheeky demonstration in a tight swimsuit

This is allegedly one of the reasons ITV has put her in their sights.

Friendly competition: Louise is wanted for I'm A Celebrity who could see her face off on rival channels on former BBC co-host Dan Walker (pictured) who appears this year in Strictly Come Dancing

Friendly competition: Louise is wanted for I’m A Celebrity who could see her face off on rival channels on former TBEN co-host Dan Walker (pictured) who appears this year in Strictly Come Dancing

The rumored approach comes after work continued in earnest on Monday as builders prepared Gwrych Castle and its adjacent 236-acre estate ahead of the new series.

The Grade I listed 19th-century country house near Abergele in picturesque County Conwy, North Wales, will host the long-running ITV show for the second year in a row.

ITV bosses face a race against time to renovate the dilapidated building – which is now closed to the public – and surrounding areas as Round 21 approaches.

Picturesque: Gwrych Castle, located near Abergele in scenic County Conwy, North Wales, will host ITV's long-running show for the second year in a row

Picturesque: Gwrych Castle, located near Abergele in scenic County Conwy, North Wales, will host ITV’s long-running show for the second year in a row

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here