Michael Bublé faces backlash after canceling Aussie tour

0
11

Michael Bublé faces backlash from Australian fans after delaying his Australian tour less than three weeks before kick-off.

The Canadian singer, 47, was set to travel Down Under this month for a nine-day arena tour of the country, but has revealed via social media that he has been forced to move the dates to June 2023 due to “logistics reasons”.

Fans were left fuming at the last minute cancellation, revealing they would be booking flights and accommodations to attend the gig.

Michael Bublé faces backlash from Australian fans after delaying his Australian tour less than three weeks before kick-off. Pictured on stage in Vancouver last month

Concerts were set to take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth in November and December, but the Vancouver-based star said in a statement they were delayed by six months.

“To my friends, audience and family in Australia. Despite our best efforts, my team and I have come to realize that global logistical issues have made it impossible for us to deliver the show I believe Australians deserve.”

“While it is completely disappointing for all of us, I wanted to be transparent with you and I hope you understand what a difficult decision this was to make,” he wrote.

Many fans reacted with dismay, with one writing: “You wretched b*****d. We were booked to see you, travel a long distance, booked our trip and accommodation and now we are screwed.

ALSO READ  Suella Braverman travels to Paris to sign £62m a year with France to stop migrant boats

“We’ve lost thousands of non-refundable dollars. Thanks a lot. It was a special 60th birthday present for my wife. Now that’s full,” she added

The Canadian singer, 47, was set to travel Down Under this month for a nine-day arena tour of the country but has revealed via social media that he has been forced to move the dates to June 2023 due to

The Canadian singer, 47, was set to travel Down Under this month for a nine-day arena tour of the country but has revealed via social media that he has been forced to move the dates to June 2023 due to “logistics reasons”. is in the picture

Another fan hoping to celebrate a milestone birthday added, “Nooooo! My 40th birthday and wedding canceled due to lockdown, this was my birthday present and a night away from the kids but I realize this can’t be helped. See you in June with bells on!’

A third added: ‘Oh man! Perth went from a bad Saturday night to a Monday night gig…damn it!’

‘I can’t go now, because then we’re going on a cruise. Must be refunded. What a shame because the last tour was great!’ another tweeted.

Others said they won’t get refunds from airlines or hotels, going so far as to say “Christmas is ruined.”

“Why is it logistically so difficult to get here? That’s just not fair,” said one.

Others were more supportive, with one saying they were looking forward to it and saying it was “worth the wait.”

ALSO READ  Daniel Craig reveals that Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday now that he's an official US citizen

“Anyone who knows Mike knows that this was not an easy decision for him, as his fans mean everything to him,” protested one staunch admirer.

The Canadian superstar announced the tour in March, following his 11th studio album, Higher.

In November and December concerts would take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth

In November and December concerts would take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth

“I’ve been touring Australia for 20 years now and the fact that you all keep coming to my shows makes me feel like the happiest man in the world,” he said at the time.

“I love performing live, being on stage is an absolute joy for me. It’s a great pleasure and honor for me to show up and feel so welcome.’

In September, the hitmaker revealed that he is debating quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child.

The singer, who has sold more than 75 million records worldwide and won awards, including four Grammys, said he doesn’t love his career as much as he should.

In September, the hitmaker revealed that he is debating quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child.

In September, the hitmaker revealed that he is debating quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child.

He said he wants to spend more time with his wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, whom they welcomed in September.

ALSO READ  Bearded Mel Gibson enjoys a family day out with girlfriend Rosalind Ross

Speaking about his career on That Gaby Roslin Podcast, he said, “I guess I don’t like it that much, I think I almost think I might just be a dad.”

“I have this picture in my head of just me in a field with my kids and Ed Sheeran’s kids hugging and having a picnic and getting drunk,” he added with a laugh.

Bublé is the latest in a long line of international stars to cancel their Australian tour dates.

In September, British rapper Stormzy canceled the Australian and New Zealand legs of his tour and retired from his headline performance at Spilled Milk Festival.

But the 29-year-old said he had to cancel due to “circumstances beyond his control,” with rising American star Steve Lacy replacing him at Spilled Milk.

American rapper Polo G withdrew from the Listen Out festival in September.

Half of the English electro duo Disclosure also withdrew from Listen Out to ‘take care of his mental health’.

Elsewhere, Nigerian singer Burna Boy canceled his Sydney performances within days of its announcement.

The star said he wants to spend more time with his wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, who they welcomed in September.

The star said he wants to spend more time with his wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, who they welcomed in September.