As of today (Jan 23), a new stop has been added to the Mumbai-Gandhinagar Vande Bharat Express journey. The train now also stops at Borivali station on the northwest side of Mumbai. With the addition of a new stop, the arrival and departure time of the Mumbai-Gandhinagar Vande Bharat Express has also changed slightly.
New Timing of the Mumbai Central – Gandhinagar Capital Vande Bharat Express (Train No. 20901)
- The train departs from Mumbai Central Station at 06:00 AM instead of 06:10 AM.
- The train arrives at Borivali station at 6:23 AM and departs at 6:25 AM.
- The train arrives at Vapi station and departs at 7:56 AM and 7:58 AM.
Return time (train no. 20902)
- The train arrives at Borivali station at 7:32 PM and departs at 7:34 PM.
- The train arrives at Mumbai Central Station at 8:25 PM instead of 8:15 PM.
There are no changes to the timetable at other stations.
The train now stops at Mumbai Central, Borivali, Vapi, Surat, Vadodara, Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar.
Mumbai-Gandhinagar Vande Bharat Express covers the distance of 522 km between Mumbai and Gandhinagar in 6 hours 15 minutes.
According to the Western Railway, the Mumbai-Gandhinagar Vande Bharat Express has a capacity of 1128 passengers.
The central government will soon launch more Vande Bharat trains in different parts of the country.