Navratri 2022: The holidays start all the way with Sharadiya Navratri in which the nine avatars of Maa Durga are worshipped. Navratri is the longest Hindu festival as it is celebrated for nine days and each day has its own meaning. This year, the shardiya Navratri starts on September 26, 2022. At the end of these nine days, Durga Puja and Dussehra are celebrated. According to The Bharat Express News calendar, Shardiya Navratri starts from the Pratipada date of the Shukla Paksha of the month of Ashwin.
Shardiya Navratri 2022 Meaning
In Hinduism, Navratri festival is considered special as goddess Parvati is worshiped as the superpower. According to The Bharat Express News calendar, there are four Navratri in a year – two Gupt Navratri, one Chaitra Navratri and one Shardiya Navratri. Shardiya and Chaitra Navratri have a special meaning. During Navratri, goddess Durga comes from the Himalayas and visits the homes of her devotees for nine days. During the nine days of Navratri, nine different forms of goddess Durga are worshipped.
Devotees of Maa Durga do the sadhna while fasting during these nine days. During this time, Maa Durga bestows special grace on her devotees.
When will Sharadiya Navratri 2022 start?
Chaitra and Sharad Navratri have special meaning in all Navratras. According to The Bharat Express News calendar, Shardiya Navratri is celebrated from Pratipada to Navami Tithi of Shukla Paksha of the Ashwin month. Shardiya Navratri is also called Sharad Navratri because it is also the arrival of the autumn season. This year Sharadiya Navratri is from September 26 to October 5 to Durga Visarjan and Vijay Dashami.
Navratri 2022 Shubh Muhurati
Shardiya Navratri starts this year in two auspicious yogas: Shukla and Brahma. Shukla yoga starts on September 25 at 9:06 PM and lasts until the following day, September 26, 2022, at 8:06 PM. On the other hand, on September 26, Brahma Yoga starts at 8:06 AM and ends on September 27, Tuesday at 6:44 AM.
Navratri 2022: Date Calendar
- Navratri 2022 Day 1 (September 26): Goddess Shailputri is worshipped
- Navratri 2022 Day 2 (September 27): Goddess Brahmacharini Devi is worshipped
- Navratri 2022 Day 3 (September 28): Goddess Chandraghanta is worshipped
- Navratri 2022 Day 4 (September 29): Goddess Kushmanda is worshipped
- Navratri 2022 Day 5 (September 30): Goddess Skandmata is worshipped
- Navratri 2022 Day 6 (1 Oct): Goddess Katyayani is worshipped
- Navratri 2022 Day 7 (October 2): Goddess Kalratri is worshipped
- Navratri 2022 Day 8 (October 3): Goddess Mahagauri is worshiped while Durga Ashtami is celebrated
- Navratri 2022 Day 9 (October 4): This day is celebrated as Maha Navami when the fast is broken and the goddess Siddhidhatri is worshipped
- Navratri 2022 Day 10 (Oct 5): Goddess Durga idols are immersed in water. Dussehra is celebrated
Sharadiya Navratri Kalasha Sthapana Muhurat
- Ghat of Kalash installation time – September 26, 2022, Monday, from 6:20 am to 10:19 am
- Ashwin Shukla Paksha Pratipada start date – September 26, 2022, from 03:24 AM
- Ashwin Shukla Paksha Pratipada date ends – September 27, 2022, until 03:08 AM
Rules for Kalash Stapana
Ghat or Kalash Stapana is an important ritual during Navratri. It is said that doing this eliminates all the negative energy that spreads in the house. The favorable time for setting up the Kalash this year is from 6:11 am to 7:51 am on September 26, 2022. The northeast direction is considered the most favorable for setting up the Kalash.
Place a pot by sprinkling Gangajal in this direction of the puja room and install a picture or idol of Maa Durga by putting a red cloth on it. Now place the sacred soil in a clay pot and sow the seeds of barley. Then fill Gangajal in a copper or clay pot and put in it akshat, betel nut, TBEN, a few cloves and durva grass.
Tie Kalawa around the neck of the Kalash and wrap a red chunari around a coconut. Tie it with Kalava and put mango leaves in the Kalash and place coconut on it. Then place the urn on the jar of barley and put the urn on the right side of Maa Durga. Worship goddess Durga after setting up the Kalash.
Also read: Pitru Paksha 2022: Date, Meaning, Muhurat, Puja Vidhi and Everything You Need to Know About Shraadh
Also Read: Festival Calendar 2022: Navratri, Dussehra, Diwali; know upcoming festivals in india
Read more Lifestyle news