The new Mahindra XUV700 is expected to launch in the second quarter of fiscal 2022 and will be manufactured at the company’s manufacturing facility in Chakan, Maharashtra.
The new Mahindra XUV700 is built on the company’s all-new W601 global SUV platform
Mahindra has just dropped the name of its next SUV and it will be called the XUV700. Originally considered the next-gen XUV500, the new SUV is built on the all-new W601 global SUV platform and Mahindra claims it will come with several leading technologies and features. The XUV700 is expected to launch in the second quarter of fiscal 2022 and will be manufactured at the company’s manufacturing facility in Chakan, Maharashtra. Here are 10 things you need to know about the next SUV.
Read also: Mahindra XUV700 is the company’s new SUV; Launch at T2 FY22
- The name of the new Mahindra XUV700, like the other XUV, TUV and KUV models in the company’s stable, is pronounced XUV, 7 double “Oh” and not seven hundred the number.
- The new SUV will be placed under the company’s current flagship SUV, Mahindra Alturas G4, but it is still not clear whether the existing XUV500 will continue to be offered. If so, Mahindra will position the SUV under the upcoming XUV700.
- The XUV700 is said to be equipped with all of the latest world class safety features. In fact, the company’s former CEO, Pawan Goenka, told TBEN that the brand new SUVs in the company’s stable will be safe enough to at least earn a 4-star rating from Global NCAP. Speaking of the W601 in particular, he had mentioned that it would get a 5-star rating.
- Based on the spy photos we’ve seen so far, the new XUV700 will come with features like optional electronic parking brakes and the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS). Other features we expect to see are at least 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat mounts, 4 disc brakes and more.
- The next Mahindra XUV700 will be offered with gasoline and diesel engine options, manual and automatic transmission choices, as well as optional all-wheel drive (AWD) capabilities. Engine specifications have yet to be announced, but we believe it will receive the new 2.0-liter gasoline and diesel engines.
- Visually, several previous spy photos have revealed that the new XUV700 will be equipped with LED headlights, LED daytime running lights, a new large grille, sporty alloy rims and new horizontally mounted LED taillights.
- One of the cool features on offer will be the new door handles. The cheetah-inspired XUV500 will no longer get those paw-shaped door handles, but the SUV will come with new flush door handles visible in these pictures.
- Spy photos have also revealed that inside the cabin’s biggest highlight of the new Mahindra XUV700 will be the Mercedes-Benz-style large one-piece display, which will get split screens for infotainment and the board. on board. The interior trim itself is treated with stitched faux leather inserts and comes in a two-tone black and beige combination.
- The 2021 XUV500 will also come with a new multifunctional flat-bottom steering wheel, satin-finish interior handles and wide air vents with chrome bezels. The SUV is also likely to come with features like – Apple Carplay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, a sunroof, and we won’t be surprised if Mahindra decides to offer a wireless charger as well.
- When launched, the new Mahindra XUV700 will compete with the new Tata Safari and the MG Hector Plus. The SUV will be a big setup compared to the existing XUV500. We expect a festive season launch.
Source of spy photos
For the latest automotive news and reviews, follow TBEN.com on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel.