Philadelphia man pleads for attempted escape


August 6 – EBENSBURG, Pa. – A man from the Philadelphia area pleaded guilty in Cambria County court on Thursday for recklessly endangering another person and fleeing or attempting to evade an officer.

Michael Anthony Allen, 30, of Ardmore, pleaded guilty before President Judge Norman A. Krumenacker, as a jury had to be chosen in his case.

In April, Johnstown Police officers responded to a report that a wanted person was outside the Oakhurst Homes residential complex. According to an indictment, police were last seen in a dark gray car with tinted windows.

ALSO READ  CT judge wants to know how Sandy Hook parents' medical records ended up in the wrong hands

A flagged cruiser headed toward Oakhurst Homes and a dark gray Ford Fusion passed the officer heading the other way, the complaint said.

The officer turned and followed the vehicle through different streets as it circled the same block several times, prompting the officer to turn on the overhead lights and sirens.

According to the complaint, the vehicle then fled at high speed as more officers gave chase, and after a long chase, the vehicle came to a stop in front of an address on the 800 block of Fernwood Place and Allen fled on foot.

ALSO READ  Shocking 'execution-style' double homicide at home cools rural Florida community

As police chased Allen near the residence, they saw a woman standing outside screaming and asking what was going on, the indictment said.

The woman told police that her 2-year-old daughter must have locked her out when police asked the woman to enter for her own safety.

According to the complaint, officers saw footprints in the snow that stopped at a door of the house and told the woman they believed Allen, who was wanted for manslaughter, was in the house with her daughter – at which point the woman gave the officers permission to kick in her door.

ALSO READ  Daytona Beach Police Arrest Suspect in Bar Fight, Fatal Chase

Inside the house were wet muddy footprints in the house that officers followed to where the footprints went up a flight of stairs, the complaint said.

Allen was then informed that the house was surrounded and the Special Emergency Response Team was called.

After about an hour, Allen came down and surrendered to the police.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here