Prince Andrew accepts he was served in US sex affair

0
8

Prince Andrew has not been criminally charged and has repeatedly denied the allegations.

New York, United States:

Britain’s Prince Andrew has accepted that he was served with legal documents in a sexual assault lawsuit against him in the United States, a court record revealed on Friday.

Lawyers for the Duke of York and his accuser Virginia Guiffre agreed that the notification was effective from September 21, according to the filing filed with the Southern District of New York.

Queen Elizabeth II’s second son has until Oct. 29 to respond to the trial, and an earlier hearing scheduled for Oct. 13 has been canceled, the joint stipulation added.

ALSO READ  Prince Andrew May Review 2009 Jeffrey Epstein Settlement: UK Judge

The Duke’s lawyers had previously argued that the legal documents in the case, in which Giuffre is suing for damages, had not been properly served.

Earlier this month, Giuffre successfully asked the High Court of England and Wales to formally contact him about the New York case.

The court later told lawyers for the 61-year-old Duke that any challenges to their decision had to be made by September 24.

ALSO READ  Sunday morning UK press briefing: today's top Telegraph headlines

Giuffre says the King sexually assaulted her over 20 years ago, when she was 17 and a minor under US state law.

Andrew has not been criminally charged and has repeatedly and vigorously denied the allegations.

Giuffre, 38, sued Andrew last month, alleging he sexually assaulted her at the London home of socialite Ghislaine Maxwell.

She also said she assaulted her at the New York home of disgraced US financier Jeffrey Epstein, as well as on Epstein’s private island in the US Virgin Islands.

Guiffre alleges that Epstein, who committed suicide while awaiting trial for trafficking children for sexual purposes in 2019, loaned her out for sex with his wealthy and powerful associates.

ALSO READ  Monday morning UK press briefing: today's top Telegraph headlines

Andrew has rarely been seen in public since he was forced to leave the royal frontline in 2019 for not distancing himself from Epstein.

Maxwell is to be tried in New York on November 29 for recruiting underage girls to make Epstein abuse Epstein. She pleaded not guilty.

(This story was not edited by The Bharat Express News on Social Platforms.)

.