Prince Harry of UK welcomes TBEN probe to Princess Diana interview

0
0

The Panorama interview with Princess Diana has been watched by over 20 million viewers in Britain. (File)

London:

British Prince Harry joined his brother William in hosting a new investigation into how the TBEN secured a famous and controversial 1995 interview with their mother, Princess Diana, a source describing it as a ‘search for the truth”.

A former Supreme Court judge is leading a new investigation into how the broadcaster got the interview and whether executives covered up wrongdoing after accusations the late princess was tricked into participating.

Prince William, the second to the throne, said earlier this week that the investigation was a step in the right direction and a source close to Harry said on Saturday that the prince was receiving regular updates.

ALSO READ  Georgia to conduct full recount of ballots

The person familiar with the situation also questioned some UK media reports asking why Harry, living in California with his wife Meghan and son Archie, had not joined his brother in welcoming the earlier investigation.

“Unfortunately, some people don’t just see this as a quest for truth, but also try to use it as an opportunity to try to drive a wedge between the brothers,” the person said.

Diana’s Panorama interview with Martin Bashir has been watched by over 20 million viewers in Britain and has become one of the defining moments in her failed marriage to Prince Charles.

ALSO READ  "Splash And A Noise": a video shows the close encounter between the surfer and the shark

It included an admission of an affair and the line that “there were three of us in this marriage”, referring to Prince Charles’ relationship with his second wife, Camilla Parker-Bowles.

This month Diana’s brother Charles Spencer said the TBEN failed to apologize for what they said were false documents and “other deception” that led him to introduce Diana to Bashir .

Newsbeep

The TBEN said the broadcaster was determined to uncover the truth of Spencer’s claims and appointed John Dyson, one of the country’s oldest retired judges, to lead the investigation.

Bashir has not made any public comment on the situation and the company said the journalist, who gained worldwide fame through the interview, is currently on sick leave, recovering from heart surgery and has contracted COVID-19.

ALSO READ  EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK: The Crown's Recreation Princess Diana's 1983 Tour of Australia

Harry and Meghan moved to California after stepping down from royal duties in January and signed a multi-year production deal with Netflix as part of their plans to be more financially independent.

The source added that the couple had decided to share their property in England, Frogmore Cottage, with cousin Eugenie, but would stay there when they visited the UK.

(Except for the title, this story was not edited by The Bharat Express News staff and is posted Platforms.)

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here