Prince Harry’s ITV interview tackles racism, William feud and more – latest

‘Idiot’: Londoners react to Prince Harry’s book

Prince Harry addressed a myriad of allegations in his latest telling interview, from claims of ‘racism’ in the royal family and his feud with brother William to Camilla’s marriage to King Charles.

The comments were made during a conversation with ITV’s Tom Braby ahead of the official release of the Duke of Sussex’s memoir, Reserve.

During a conversation, Harry responded to an allegation that he and his wife had accused the royal family of racism during their interview with Oprah by saying “no I didn’t”, adding “the British press said that”.

He also spoke at length about the ongoing conflict with his brother William, reflecting in particular on the “terrible reaction” he would have received from his family when he was reunited with them after the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

Elsewhere, the Duke of Sussex claimed Queen Consort Camilla launched a “campaign” to marry his father, now King Charles.

1673221698

The Duke of Sussex’s interview with ITV‘s Tom Bradby comes just hours before Prince Harry’s interview with Anderson Cooper airs.

The Duke is expected to address similar topics during the TBEN interview, with a trailer showing Harry criticizing the press for Meghan Markle’s treatment.

“What Meghan had to go through was in part similar to what Kate and Camilla went through,” Harry said in a trailer released Thursday, before noting that they were “very different circumstances” due to the “racing element”.

“But then you add the racing element, and that was what the press – British Press 0 – immediately jumped on. I went into this incredibly naively,” he continues. “I had no idea the British press was so bigoted.

“How I was probably bigoted before Meghan’s relationship.”

Chelsea RitchelJanuary 8, 2023 11:48 PM

1673220979

Watch: Prince Harry says Prince William ‘expressed concern’ about relationship with Meghan Markle

Prince Harry says Prince William ‘expressed concerns’ about relationship with Meghan Markle

Emily AtkinsonJanuary 8, 2023 11:36 PM

1673220619

Harry: The Interview review – Phased and unchallenging from start to finish

If you’re not already exhausted by the endless Windsor saga, get ready for another look at Britain’s icyest family.

Nick Hilton shares his thoughts on ITVs Harry: The interview:

Emily AtkinsonJanuary 8, 2023 11:30 PM

1673220146

Prince Harry breaks silence on racism from Lady Susan Hussey

Ngozi Fulani, the founder of Sistah Space, was at the center of a royal racism scandal over Lady Hussey’s comments, which were made at a reception at Buckingham Palace last December.

Queen Elizabeth II’s former lady-in-waiting and Prince William’s godmother apologized to Fulani for the comments, which drew widespread criticism.

Emily AtkinsonJanuary 8, 2023 11:22 PM

1673219359

Prince Harry ‘grateful’ for the opportunity to tell his story as he makes new allegations against family

The Duke of Sussex has said he wrote his eloquent book Spare because of “38 years … spin and distortion”.

Prince Harry’s bombshell interview aired on ITV on Sunday night ahead of the release of his memoir Spare on Tuesday, January 10.

He told broadcaster Tom Bradby on ITV that he was “very grateful” to be given the chance to tell his story.

When asked why he wrote his memoir Spare, he told Bradby: “38 years. 38 years of my story being told by so many different people with deliberate twist and distortion felt like a good time to own my story and be able to tell it for myself.

Emily AtkinsonJanuary 8, 2023 11:09 PM

1673218879

Watch: Prince Harry addresses ‘horrific and hurtful’ opinion of Jeremy Clarkson

Prince Harry addresses Jeremy Clarkson’s ‘horrific and hurtful’ opinion

Emily AtkinsonJanuary 8, 2023 11:01 PM

1673218519

Prince Harry says he is still “patiently awaiting accountability” from the royal family

Prince Harry has said he still “patiently awaits accountability” from the royal family over his allegations in recent months.

Harry made the comments during an interview with ITV’s Tom Bradby on Sunday (January 8), ahead of the publication of his memoir. Reservewhich contains several startling revelations about the Firm.

These include details of an alleged physical altercation with his brother William during an argument at his London home in 2019, claims his stepmother Camilla launched a “campaign” to now marry King Charles, and new details about the infamous Nazi costume scandal .

Maanya Sachdeva has the story in full:

Emily Atkinson8 January 2023 22:55

1673218039

Harry discusses allegations of ‘racism’ against royal family

Speaking to Tom Bradby on ITV in which the presenter said “in the Oprah interview you accused members of your family of being racist”, Harry responded by saying “no I didn’t”, adding “the British press said that “.

The Duke continued, “Did Meghan ever say they’re racist?”

After Bradby said the Duchess claimed disturbing comments had been made about their son Archie’s skin color, Harry said: “There was – there was concern about his skin color.”

Asked if he would describe that as racist, the duke said: “I wouldn’t, because I hadn’t lived in that family. The difference between racism and unconscious bias, the two things are different.

“But once it’s acknowledged, whether you’ve been made aware as an individual or as an institution, that you have unconscious biases, you therefore have an opportunity to learn from that and grow so that you’re part of the solution rather than part of it. the problem.

“Otherwise, unconscious bias then moves into the category of racism.”

Emily AtkinsonJanuary 8, 2023 10:47 PM

1673217619

Prince Harry responds to allegations of hypocrisy over memoir and Netflix documentary

Prince Harry, in his latest memoir and Netflix documentary, has made accusations of hypocrisy surrounding his wishes for privacy as he “breaches the privacy” of the royal family.

“Those will be the allegations of those who don’t understand, don’t want to believe or don’t want to believe that my family has been firmly informing the press for over a decade,” Prince Harry said.

Emily AtkinsonJanuary 8, 2023 10:40 PM

1673217319

Prince Harry wishes the royal family had been there for him in ‘second darkest moment of my life’

Prince Harry has said he wishes the royal family had been there for him in the “second darkest moment” of his life.

“I love my motherland and I love my family and I always will. I wish they’d both been there for me in the second darkest moment of my life,’ Harry said.

Thomas Kingsley has the details: