Tits all-in-one side dish, featuring potatoes, parsnips and onions, is effortless and will go with any main course.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 parsnips, about 300g
- 2 onions
- 4 red-skinned potatoes, about 800g
- 3 sprigs of sage
- 1 clove of garlic
- 60g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200 ml hot vegetable broth, or as needed
- 75g of Gruyère
- 30g fresh breadcrumbs
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C / 180 ° C fan / gas 6.
- Peel and finely cut the parsnips and onions into rings, separating the onion rings. Wash and finely chop the potatoes about 2 mm thick. Pick the leaves of two sprigs of sage and finely chop the leaves.
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub the inside of a 30 cm x 20 cm baking dish with the sides cut off, then rub over a third of the butter.
- Layer the sliced vegetables and sage, alternating as you go and lightly seasoning each layer. Finish with a layer of potatoes, then pour over the hot broth. Add the rest of the butter, season and cover with foil. Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely grate the Gruyère in a mixing bowl and mix it with the breadcrumbs and the remaining sage leaves, tearing the larger ones. Drizzle with a little olive oil and mix well. After the 40 minutes, carefully remove the pan from the oven and discard the foil. If the cooking sticks to the edges, carefully pour a little more broth on the sides. Spread over the breadcrumb mixture and return to the oven for an additional 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden brown and cooked through.