Tits refreshing salad uses the timeless combination of mackerel and horseradish. Accompanied by a little dill and beetroot, prepare for a Scandinavian-inspired feast.
Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus 20 minutes of marinating
- 1 small raw beet
- 200g red cabbage
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill
- 15 ml of red wine vinegar
- 100ml olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets
- 2 tablespoons of grated horseradish
- 4 teaspoons of crème fraîche
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Peel the beetroot and cut it as thinly as possible. Also thinly slice the red cabbage, removing the core. Gently mix with the spring onion and dill, vinegar and olive oil. Season and let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the mackerel fillets and crumble the flesh into large pieces.
- Mix the horseradish with the crème fraîche and add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
- To serve, place the pickled red cabbage and beetroot on the plate and place the mackerel pieces on top. Finish with a spoonful of horseradish cream and a drizzle of oil.