Report: Top Trump Employees Seized Cell Phones, Issued 40 Subpoenas Less Than Two Months Before Election

0
5

Two top employees of former President Donald Trump have had their cell phones seized, while about 40 other employees received subpoenas as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into the Jan. 6 riots in the Capitol.

The uptick in activity reportedly implies a deeper dive into conversations and involvement in an alleged voter replacement plan.

The New York Times reports that corporate lawyer Boris Epshteyn and Mike Roman, a former campaign strategist, had their cell phones seized during the sweeping operation.

They also note that federal officials have “blanketed” Trump’s aides with about 40 subpoenas.

TBEN News defines the DOJ’s actions as “a rapid escalation of pressure being exerted by the DOJ on the Trump camp.”

A rapid escalation just eight weeks away from a crucial by-election.

RELATED: Report: DOJ Won’t Announce Trump Charges Until After Midterm Election

Trump Associates Subpoenas Arrive Just Weeks Before Election

Aside from marking a “rapid escalation” of events, President Biden’s Justice Department’s active pursuit of his political opponents marks an unprecedented abuse of power.

ALSO READ  Matt Gaetz begs FEMA for money two days after voting against Ian Aid

TBEN News host Tucker Carlson has obtained some of the subpoenas in question.

Carlson said the information sought in the subpoenas is “both illegal and unprecedented in American history.”

“Merrick Garland’s DOJ demands all communications” from the subpoenaed, Carlson said. “What is this? On what grounds do you demand my private communication with people? They never say it.”

“It shocks the conscience of everyone who sees it,” Carlson added, “but the number of people who see it is very small because it is not covered by any media.”

RELATED: Mitt Romney, Lindsey Graham go after Donald Trump for promising pardon for January 6 defendants

Democrats were never subjected to this political harassment

Perhaps in retrospect, one of former President Trump’s most egregious mistakes was not knowing that the Democrats would pursue him and his supporters with such ravenous malice.

When Trump entered the White House in 2017, he never went after the “resistance” party.

Democrats, in fact, officially objected to the election results in 2016 and during the vote confirmation process 11 separate times.

None of them were subpoenaed. None of them had their cell phones confiscated. They were not charged with insurrection.

ALSO READ  Biden asks if deceased congressman attends White House event

Free speech, Carlson explains, is a “core freedom” that allowed them to object to the election results.

“That’s why in 2016 no one prosecuted leading Democrats for trying to turn down voters for Donald Trump,” he explained. “That’s why none of those people, including Kamala Harris, are in jail now.”

Carlson’s colleague at TBEN, Jesse Watters, suggested the attack is verbally and now legal by the Biden administration the president’s perceived “war on terror.”

ALSO READ  DOJ Is Investigating Trump For Fundraising Fraud

“When the Bush administration spied on Muslims, raided and arrested their homes, the Democrats were up in arms. Remember?” Watts asked. “‘What about the rights of the terrorists? Bush has gone too far.'”

“Now Biden is using the war on terror and Bush’s tactics against the Republicans.”

TBEN reported earlier this month that the DOJ said it would adhere to a directive that would delay any charges against Trump until after the midterm elections.

The policy stated that “prosecutors may not take investigative steps or bring charges with the aim of influencing an election or aiding a candidate or party, traditionally 60 days before an election,” according to Bloomberg News.

We now have cell phones being seized and subpoenas being handed out left and right just 56 days after the midterms.

Now is the time to support and share the resources you trust.
TBEN ranks third in Feedspot’s “100 Best Political Blogs and Websites”.