Runners and weights of the 2021 Grand National
A maximum of 40 horses will be lined up for the race. Here are the entries, assigned weights, owners and trainers.
- Bristol de Mai (FR) 10 11 10 Mr. Simon Munir and Mr. Isaac Souede Nigel Twiston-Davies
- Chris’s Dream (IRE) 9 11 7 Robcour Henry from Bromhead
- Yala Enki (FR) 11 11 3 Hills of Ledbury Ltd Paul Nicholls
- Ballyoptic (IRE) 11 11 1 Mills & Mason Partnership Nigel Twiston-Davies
- Definitely Red (IRE) 12 11 1 Phil and Julie Martin Brian Ellison
- Lake View Lad (IRE) 11 11 0 Mr. Trevor Hemmings NW Alexander
- Burrows Saint (FR) 8 10 13 Ms. S. Ricci WP Mullins
- Magic of Light (IRE) 10 10 13 Ann & Alan Potts Limited Ms. J. Harrington
- Acapella Bourgeois (FR) 11 10 12 Syndicat de Slaneyville WP Mullins
- Talkischeap (IRE) 9 10 12 Charles Dingwall Alan King
- Tout Est Permis (FR) 8 10 12 Gigginstown House Stud Noel Meade
- Anibale Fly (FR) 11 10 12 Mr. John P. McManus AJ Martin
- Monsieur Malarky (GB) 8 10 12 Wendy & Malcolm Hezel Colin Tizzard
- Kimberlite Candy (IRE) 9 10 10 Mr. John P. McManus Tom Lacey
- Any Second Now (IRE) 9 10 9 Mr. John P. McManus TM Walsh
- Balko des Flos (FR) 10 10 9 Gigginstown House Stud Henry de Bromhead
- Alpha des Obeaux (FR) 11 10 9 Gigginstown House Stud Ms. Denise Foster
- Ok Corral (IRE) 11 10 8 Mr. John P. McManus Nicky Henderson
- Taking Risks (IRE) 12 10 7 Mr. Frank Bird Nicky Richards
- Broken Love (IRE) 10 10 7 Gigginstown House Stud Ms. Denise Foster
- Jett (IRE) 10 10 7 Mr. Robert Waley-Cohen Ms. J. Harrington
- Lord du Mesnil (FR) 8 10 6 Mr Paul Porter & Mike & Mandy Smith Richard Hobson
- Potters Corner (IRE) 11 10 6 All Stars Sports Racing and J Davies Christian Williams
- Classe Conti (FR) 9 10 6 Mr. Simon Munir / Mr. Isaac Souede WP Mullins
- Milan Native (IRE) 8 10 6 Gigginstown House Stud Ms. Denise Foster
- Discorama (FR) 8 10 6 Thomas Friel / Andrew Gemmell Paul Nolan
- Vieux Lion Rouge (FR) 12 10 5 Prof Caroline Tisdall & Mr John Gent David Pipe
- Fabric cap (IRE) 9 10 5 Mr Trevor Hemmings Jonjo O’Neill
- Cabaret Queen (GB) 9 10 5 Syndicates. Racing WP Mullins
- Minellacelebration (IRE) 11 10 5 Mr. Nick Elliott Katy Price
- Canelo (IRE) 8 10 4 Mr. John P. McManus Alan King
- The Long Mile (GB) 7 10 4 Mr. John P. McManus JPDempsey
- Give Me A Copper (IRE) 11 10 4 Done, Ferguson, Mason, Nicholls & Wood Paul Nicholls
- Farclas (FR) 7 10 3 Gigginstown House Stud Mrs Denise Foster
- Minella Times (IRE) 8 10 3 Mr. John P. McManus Henry from Bromhead
- Second Lieutenant (IRE) 12 10 3 Mrs. G. Howell Georgie Howell
- Hogan Height (IRE) 10 10 3 Foxtrot Racing: Hogan Jamie Snowden Height
- Double Shuffle (IRE) 11 10 2 Partnership with fingers crossed Tom George
- Ami Desbois (FR) 11 10 2 The Reserved Judgment Partnership Graeme McPherson
- Blaklion (GB) 12 10 2 Darren and Annaley Yates Dan Skelton
- Some Neck (FR) 10 10 1 Some Neck Partnership John McConnell
- Secret Reprieve (IRE) 7 10 1 Mr. and Mrs. William Rucker Evan Williams
- Deise Aba (IRE) 8 9 13 Mr. Trevor Hemmings Philip Hobbs
Get the latest betting offers and free bets from the Grand National
The 14 main contenders evaluated
Fabric cap – Progressive creep this season, winning his last two starts by taking the fashion. However, showed a tendency to jump left last time around and needs to iron out in this big area; luck in every way.
Saint of the burrows – Winner of the 2019 Irish Grand National which has been relatively little raced since. Take a good look at the weights again; the one to beat.
Any second now – Speed up 18 stages in distance after gaining more than 2 miles last time. Former smart winner of over 3m2f. Luck at the weights but will do well to win.
Minella Times – In the form of his life and has form figures from 1122 by teaming up with Rachael Blackmore (who still rides here). Endurance a little request; luck all over the place though.
Kimberlite candies – Finalist at the two starts on the national fences. Endurance is assured but surely needs a lot of rain to be considered a top contender here. Place the luck.
Discorama – Not seen since November and has been the subject of an important bet in recent days. Endurance assured and look on a good weight; ready to go very close here.
Magic of light – 2nd to Tiger Roll in the 2019 renewal at a huge price. Has been lightly campaigned on fences since and is met to a lesser degree than a top 5lb rating.
Potters corner – More than capable in his day, but arguably a much better horse on heavy terrain, which it seems unlikely to get here. Seems like a chance of place at best unless there is heavy rain.
Bristol May – Three-time winner of Rank 1 Betfair Chase. Fits best on soft ground. Class act which seeks a place of chance at the head of the weights.
Farclas – Consistent sorting that has been in good shape lately. However, he has yet to run beyond 3 miles and has some stamina to prove. If he stays, he may indeed be very close.
Mr. Malarky – Has a little to prove on the endurance front and it is probably better to go right handed. Plot in his favor, but has a near-high career rating to challenge. Place the best luck.
Anibal Fly – Great old stayer whose four runs at 3m2f + were the four best performances of his career. The odds have fallen over the past two years. Interesting candidate.
Acapella Bourgeois – Gave Burrows Saint 6lb and a length of 4¾ beating in February. However, it works best in difficult terrain and it seems unlikely to confirm this form even with the weight on here.
Native Milan – I was a hit-and-miss this season; worked well at the Cheltenham Festival after surgery. The terrain may not be ideal here; place the best luck.