SINGAPORE: Singapore authorities will inform the public “soon” of the upcoming launch of an air bubble with Hong Kong, after a peak in COVID-19 cases in Hong Kong on Friday, November 20.
Singapore is due to launch an air bubble with Hong Kong on Sunday, with one first flight per day in each city.
However, Hong Kong on Friday recorded 26 new cases of COVID-19, with the city’s top health official describing the situation as “serious.”
It was previously reported that the arrangement would be suspended for two weeks if the seven-day moving average for unrelated coronavirus infections exceeds five in either city.
In response to a question from the TBEN, the Singapore Civil Aviation Authority (CAAS) said members of the public have asked if the travel bubble plans will go as planned in light of the situation in the country. COVID-19 in Hong Kong.
READ: Singapore-Hong Kong air travel bubble: what you need to know
READ: Hong Kong closes more schools as COVID-19 situation becomes ‘serious’, health minister says
“We are working closely with the Singapore Ministry of Health to gather the facts and will inform the public shortly,” CAAS said.
“The governments of Singapore and Hong Kong are in close contact on the situation.”
Food and Health Secretary Professor Sophia Chan said on Friday that Hong Kong had “likely entered a new wave of cases,” citing experts and information from the Center for Health Protection.
REPORT THIS: Our comprehensive coverage of the coronavirus outbreak and its developments
Download our app or subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak: https://TBEN.asia/telegram