Holiday park owners, who will be among the first to welcome guests, have responded with pleasure to the news, while interest in motorhomes has also exploded.
Raoul Fraser, of Lovat Parks, said bookings have risen 400% since the announcement, with occupancy at the seven parks now at 95% in July and August.
Ros Pritchard, managing director of the British Holiday & Home Parks Association, said members were inundated with requests for new bookings, but also from customers looking to revamp booked Easter trips that will no longer continue.
She said: “Relatively speaking, we’re lucky, but we had a four-month season last year and we’ve got some that are really on their top. It couldn’t happen soon enough.
Car-buying website Auto Trader said it saw a 17% increase in searches for motorhomes and caravans on Monday night, while searches for February as a whole were 30% higher. to those of last year.
Self-contained vacation rental bookings were also up 284%, according to the Rest Easy group, which operates multiple rental markets.
Managing Director Matt Fox said: “Britons are wasting no time in booking travel, with the most popular check-in date being April 12, followed closely by 16.”