The 50 Best Wineries in the World for 2021 Revealed: Last year’s Argentinian winner is No. 1 again, Spain comes second, French Chateau Margaux is third, and RUSSIA beats the United States
- Argentina’s Zuccardi Valle de Uco has been named the number one wine tourism destination – for the third time in a row
- The superb Bodegas de los Herederos del Marques de Riscal in the Spanish region of La Rioja took second place
- The best entry for the Australasian region was New Zealand’s Craggy Range – at # 11
The 50 best wineries in the world for 2021 have been revealed – and the 2019 and 2020 winner has once again taken the No.1 spot.
Argentina’s Zuccardi Valle de Uco was named the top wine tourism destination on the planet in a ceremony held at the Schloss Johannisberg winery in Rheingau, Germany.
The stunning Bodegas de los Herederos del Marques de Riscal in Spain’s Rioja region took second place, followed closely by Chateau Margaux in Bordeaux, France.
Pictured Argentina’s Zuccardi Valle de Uco has been named the top wine tourism destination on the planet for the third year in a row
The superb Bodegas de los Herederos del Marques de Riscal in the Spanish region of La Rioja took second place
The 2021 ranking represents 16 countries and includes new entrants to the list from Lebanon and Russia, with the latter’s Sikory Winery – famous for its rocky clay soil – ranking 20th and the Lefkadia Valley reaching number 23.
Karam Wines from Lebanon was the highest new entry, reaching 14 on the list.
The best entry for the Australasian region was New Zealand’s Craggy Range, in 11th place, while Robert Mondavi Vineyard in Napa Valley hoisted the North American flag, placing 40th overall.
No UK vineyard has made it to the top 50.
The list of the best wineries in the world “aims to highlight the diversity of established and emerging wine tourism destinations”, the list being decided by the votes of 600 global wine and travel experts.
Chateau Margaux (pictured) in Bordeaux, France was named third best vineyard in the world
The fourth best vineyard in the world? It will be Bodega Garzon in Uruguay, pictured
Pictured is New Zealand’s Craggy Range Vineyard – the # 11 vineyard in the world
Russian vineyard Sikory, pictured, ranked 20th – well ahead of the top-ranked US vineyard
Robert Mondavi Winery in Napa Valley hoisted the flag of North America, placing 40th overall
In the opening ceremony keynote, Andrew Reed, General Manager Wine and Exhibitions at William Reed, highlighted how vital wine tourism is to the global economy.
He said: “Wine tourism is extremely important to the global economy and local economies, creating jobs directly in wineries but also encouraging visitors to the region and the associated income it generates.
“This is more important than ever with the recent global situation, and we know that by shining the spotlight on wine tourism as we do with the best wineries in the world, the message is being conveyed to more people to come and discover. the uniqueness of the wine and where it is made. ‘
Steffen Schindler, Wines of Germany, commented: “We would like to thank the organizers and the brains behind these awards for bringing wine tourism to the world and in Germany, of course.
“Wine tourism has become a very important economic pillar for many of our wineries, and we know that the most loyal customers are those who have come personally to our estates and wine regions.
Visit www.worldsbestvineyards.com to learn more about the winners.
THE BEST VINEYARDS IN THE WORLD 2021 REVEALED
1. Zuccardi Valle de Uco – Argentina
2. Bodegas de los Herederos del Marqués de Riscal – Spain
3. Château Margaux – France
4. Bodega Garzón – Uruguay
5. Montes – Chile
6. Antinori nel Chianti Classico – Italy
7. Catena Zapata – Argentina
8. VIK Winery – Chile
9. González Byass – Bodegas Tio Pepe – Spain
10. Creation – South Africa
11. Craggy Range – New Zealand
12. Château Smith Haut Lafitte – France
13. Champagne Taittinger – France
14. Karam wines – Lebanon
15. Rippon – New Zealand
16. Quinta do Crasto – Portugal
17. Clos Apalta – Chile
18. Trapiche – Argentina
19. Quinta da Aveleda – Portugal
20. Sikory Winery – Russia
21. Oumsiyat Castle – Lebanon
22. Domäne Wachau – Austria
23. Lefkadia Valley – Russia
24. El Enemigo wines – Argentina
25. Henschke – Australia
26. Familia Torres – Pacs del Penedès – Spain
27. Soalheiro – Portugal
28. Vina Santa Rita – Chile
29. Quinta do Noval – Portugal
30. Delaire Graff Estate – South Africa
31. D’Arenberg – Australia
32. Abadía Retuerta – Spain
33. Château Mercian Mariko Winery – Japan
34. Johannisberg Castle – Germany
35. Bodega Colomé – Argentina
36. Château Mouton Rothschild – France
37. Penfolds Magill Estate – Australia
38. Quinta do Bomfim – Portugal
39. Château Héritage – Lebanon
40. Robert Mondavi Winery – United States
41. Vina Casas del Bosque – Chile
42. SuperUco – Argentina
43. Bodegas RE – Chile
44. Klein Constantia Winery – South Africa
45. Viu Manent – Chile
46. Weingut Dr. Loosen – Germany
47. Ridge Vineyards – Monte Bello – United States
48. Chateau Cana – Lebanon
49. Quinta do Vallado – Portugal
50. Quinta do Infantado – Portugal