Almost a year after schools were closed due to a nationwide lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic, the government of Uttar Pradesh has reopened schools for students in grades 6 to 8 starting today. hui. All school authorities have been urged to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) issued by the state government for the safety of students and school staff amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
Here are the SOPs that have been issued by the state government:
1) According to the Department of Basic Education, Uttar Pradesh, classes will only be held twice a week at the moment and only 50% of students will be allowed to attend.
Read also | Inside the third front of the bustle of the farm
2) A timetable for first to eighth grade has also been announced by the Director of Basic Education, Sarvandra Vikram Bahadur Singh.
3) School authorities have been urged to take preventive measures against COVID-19 when conducting lessons.
4) Midday meals will also be provided to students while ensuring precautionary measures in schools.
5) It will be mandatory for all schools to obtain a written consent letter from parents to send their students to attend classes.
6) Parents will also give full information on the state of health of the students and on their national and international trips, if applicable.
7) If the student wishes to study at home, he will have the option of studying online.
8) Students showing symptoms of Covid-19 in schools will be sent home immediately.
9) Wearing face masks at all times is mandatory for all teachers, non-teaching staff and students.
10) Doctors and medical teams will be available on call at the school premises for assistance.
The state government also announced that schools will reopen for students in grades 1 to 5 from March 1.