Victorian child fatally trapped by garage door



One child has died and another has been hospitalized after being trapped in a garage door in south-west Melbourne.

Paramedics and police were called to a home on Mason Street in Newport around 7:30 p.m. Saturday after reports emerged that the two boys were trapped in the roller door in the driveway of a unit block.

One was taken to the Royal Children’s Hospital with serious injuries, the other died at the scene.

ALSO READ  Senate inquiry to investigate sports concussions

According to Seven News, both boys were about 10 years old.

Police are investigating the tragedy but do not consider it suspicious.

An explanation as to how the boys got trapped is yet to come.